Wednesday 1 January 2014

The Doctor and Kristy

 photo Kristytombaker2.jpg














My first experience of the Doctor came much later than Jack’s. Of course I had heard of the Doctor Who, my mother had been absolutely terrified of the Daleks as a child and my Step father often spoke of staying up to watch Doctor Who when he was still wearing ‘short trousers’.  Many of my friends were fans of the Doctor as well and often tried to encourage me to get into it but I didn’t ever find the time and didn’t know where to start.  

The Doctor and I met for the first time over Christmas 2008; Jack drew me into the world of time travel over the course of one evening with several episodes watched back to back because I simply didn’t want it to end. I had fallen in love with David Tennant and his charming little grin. Though I can not say for sure which episode I watched first I can certainly tell you which episode first made my heart race.

By the time I had gotten interested in Doctor Who the majority of David Tennant’s episodes had aired and we were greedily anticipating the 2008 Christmas special ‘The next doctor’. Russell T Davies’ masterpiece combined the commanding performance of David Morrissey with the weighty confidence of David Tennant’s doctor in such a way that it is like I am watching that episode for the very first time every time I see it, to this day it is still one of my very favourite episodes. Since 2008 I have religiously followed each new episode as it airs and have grown to think of Matt Smith as ‘My Doctor’. 

When Jack suggested this project I jumped at the chance!  What better way to spend a year than watching a programme I love with the man I love. This is a particularly exciting experiment for me as I am new to the classic Doctors and their wonderful varied personalities and really just can not wait to get stuck in!! 

Outside of my Doctor Who-niverse I am a keen crossstitcher and a lover of crochet so I am also hoping to combine my love of craft with my love of the doctor by sampling some Doctor-based patterns along the way.

My Etsy Shop 

No comments:

Post a Comment