Wednesday 5 February 2014

30 days and still going strong! ~ By Kristy


36 days in and I can no longer say with any degree of confidence who my favourite Doctor is. Even though sometimes I come in from work and all I want to do is go to bed and sleep, the prospect of a brand new episode of Doctor Who is exciting enough to keep me out of my PJs just that little bit longer.

I really see this as a fantastic opportunity and have really enjoyed getting to know the different Doctors, their different companions and their wonderful adventures. Everything from the silliness of Sylvester McCoy to the beautiful class that is Tom Baker’s voice and the classic nature of William Hartnell’s performance has been really inspiring and I find myself thinking about Doctor Who even whilst at work.

One of the greatest things I have noticed since we began this is just how many people from so many different walks of life have a story to tell you about Doctor Who. I work in an office predominantly dominated by older women and sometimes there is a gap, a small gap, but a gap nevertheless in our interests. Doctor Who is the perfect bridge for such social situations. I’ve been able to discuss the pros and cons of each Doctor with people who watched it when it first aired and it has been a really wonderful opportunity to see what the audience at the time really thought.

I can’t wait to see more of the Doctor and his adventures and hope you’re enjoying reading along with us as we experience an entire year with Doctor Who.

My favourite classic episode so far is ‘The Space Museum’, a great episode for Vicki and the Doctor is particularly cheeky.

No comments:

Post a Comment